- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly, or redden, it is advised not to make social plans for the same day. Lip liner may appear “crusty” for up to one week.
- You do not need to wear make-up to the procedure. If you are having lips or brows done, please bring your favorite pencils.
- If unwanted hair is normally removed in the area to be treated, i.e.; tweezing, threading or waxing, the hair removal should be done at least 72 hours prior to your procedure. Electrolysis should not be done within five days of the procedure. Do not resume any method of hair removal for a week after the procedure.
- If eyelashes or eyebrows are normally dyed, do not have that procedure done within 72 hours of this procedure. Wait one week after the eyebrow or eyeliner procedure before dying lashes or brows.
- If you wear contact lenses and are having the eyeliner done, do not wear your lenses to your appointment and do not replace them for at least 72 hours after the procedure. Please bring your eye-glasses to your appointment.
- If you wear lash-extensions and are having the top or bottom eyeliner done, please have them professionally removed at least 3-4 days before the procedure, so there is no residue of glue left.
- If you are having lips procedure done and have had previous problems with cold sores, fever blisters, or mouth ulcers (even once in life), the procedure is likely to re-activate the problem. It is recommended you obtain a prescribed anti-viral medication. The medication must be started at least two days prior to the procedure, and finished at least two days after the procedure. Please contact your prescribing physician with questions.
- If you are required to take antibiotic medication prior to seeing your dentist, you will need to take antibiotic medication prior to having your procedure done.
- It is recommended to be off of Accutane for one year, prior to all procedures.
- It is recommended to be off Retin A or Renova for 30 days, prior to a procedure.
- Try to avoid aspirin and non-aspirin blood-thinning products for 7 days prior to all procedures unless medically necessary.
- Try to avoid Vitamin E and Niacin for two weeks prior to all procedures unless medically necessary.
- Avoid alcohol the night before all procedures.
- Please bring your medications list with you (both prescriptions and OTC).
- Please do not bring young children or pets to the appointment.
We look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please call or make notes so we can discuss them with you when you arrive for your appointment.